Newest High Intensity Focused Ultrasonic Device
Overview of the Device
The newest HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) device is a cutting edged technology for face and body sculpting. The advanced cosmetic technology of the device can significantly tighten and lift several areas of the face, reduce the signs of aging and improve the tone of the skin in a single session, with potentially long-lasting effects. There is no incisions or major injuries to the surface of the skin.
The traditional HIFU can deliver 1 line per shot, but the newest HIFU can cover a wider area and be adjusted from 1-11 lines.
How HIFU Works?
HIFU is a non-invasive procedure that uses focused ultrasound energy. It targets deep dermis and SMAS; generates thermal coagulative zones in the targeted tissues without damaging epidermis and subcutaneous tissues. This focused energy causes a contraction of SMAS layer, as well as a denaturation and remodeling of the targeted collagen fibers resulting in NEOCOLLAGENESIS, which then produces significant skin tightening and lifting tissues.
What is SMAS Layer?
There are mainly three layers of our skin.
- The epidermis is the outermost layer of skin:
- The dermis, beneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
- The deeper subcutaneous layer is made of fat and connective tissue.
The SMAS-layer (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic Layer) is located directly below the Subcutaneous Fat layer (Shown in the picture) of the skin. It consists of Collagen Fibers. The SMAS layer protects us from aging and sagging skin. When the level of SMAS weakens, human skin becomes saggy and looks elderly.
Features of HIFU Device
- The device comes with seven different depth of cartridges for precisely acting on different depths of the skin.
- The device penetrates focused ultrasonic energy into exact depth of skin.
- The epidermal surface remains unaffected as long as the energy delivered is not excessive for the given focal depth.
- Compared to other skin rejuvenation devices and technologies, HIFU produces good aesthetic outcomes while limiting unwanted side effects.
- HIFU is absolutely non-invasive treatment.
- Traditional HIFU device can deliver single line of energy per shot; but the newest HIFU device can deliver 11 lines of energy per shot.
- Delivering longer and wider range of energy saves clinical time.
- HIFU is equipped with different cartridges. Each cartridge can deliver 10000 shots in total. These allow to have precise focusing and reduce damage of surrounding tissues, and also can reduce the consumable costs due to long lifespan of the cartridges.
- Parameters saved in the memory setting allow easy and fast treatment. It is also possible to change the values in detail upon the user’s decision. Energy setting and spacing are easy to adjust and treatment time is fast.
- It provides graphic user interface that maximizes the convenience for practitioners. Also, there is a foot switch which allows to reduce the practitioner’s tiredness.
- More reasonable consumables cost of appliances allows to have relatively low treatment cost and so it also allows to offer retouch comfortably if there’s dissatisfaction.
Practitioners can choose either professional mode or guided mode. ‘To guide the’ mode displays instructions with the changes of cartridges. The machine is very much user friendly and easy to handle.
Highest length is 25mm means vertical distance from one dot to another is 1.0mm, so the number of horizontal line will be 26. But if the value of clearance is increased, the number of lines will be reduced and vice-versa.
Power indicates the intensity of energy that ranges from 0.1~0 .8J/cm². The dots will become red which means that energy is being delivered and with increasing the power, the size of dots will become larger.
According to the problem of skin the cartridge is selected, and also after selection of area display shows the areas highlighted to indicate that the particular cartridge can treat only those highlighted areas.
After inserting the cartridge, system interface will highlight the areas of skin where the particular cartridge can be used. There are seven kind of cartridges available; 1.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.0mm(small) and 4.5mm are used to treat face and neck. For body, 7.0mm, 11.0mm and 13.0mm depth of cartridges are available with the device.