Product description and summary
The Areton 3 in 1 CO3 Fractional laser uses the CO2 laser technology This device weighs approximately 40 Kgs according to the types of components and unit.
We have two types of CO2 Laser devices. These are made on demand.
The water-based is the most economical option and it has the disadvantage of requiring water inside the system in order for the Device to operate. The Water should be replaced every month to avoid an accumulation of unwanted particles which can clog the system in the long if the liquid is not changed. It is a requirement to add to this system an antifreeze liquid. Any car any freeze liquid can be added to the water. This is a necessary requirement as the freezing of the water over winter can cause the laser bulb to crack and render the device inoperative. In order to resolve this type of problem, the cracked COs glass tube has to be replaced with a new one. This can be costly especially due to the use of specialized labour on site.
The solid-state laser, on the other hand, does not require maintenance Therefore is the preferred option for our design. However, the solid state CO Laser generator is several times more expensive than the Glass Tube CO2 laser which requires the use of water. Therefore this different component is proposed to the clients at quotation stage and the solid state component will be placed inside the unit in case the client prefers it.
The unit has three modalities of operation:
1 Fractional Laser. This allows the user to inflict small ablations on the skin which will then cause collagen regeneration during the healing process.
The user can select the shape of the ablation spats configuration. Rectangle, Triangle, Circle, Ellipse, Line, etc. This allows the user to cover relatively large areas relatively quickly and then reduce the size and gange the shape in order to cover those areas which require more attention like the corner of the eyes lower eyelids etc. Generally all the skin on the body can be treated, however, the upper eyelids should be only treated wearing intraocular protection.
The user is able to set the following parameters:
- Relative power intensity of the ablation spots in Watts (this is only an indication of the lasers’ power intensity), it should not be considered as an absolute value.
- Duration of the ablation spots in milliSeconds
- The distance between the spots.
- The number of hits of the spots. For example, the user can select to hit the same spot once, twice, up to 20 times. This is selectable by the user.
These parameters, in particular, the first 3 determine the overall intensity of the treatment as seen later in the clinical data.
Mole removal option
The Second modality of operation is the mole and skin imperfection removal function.
This function is designed to produce a single continuous ablative laser source which is capable of ablating skin tissue. This is only used for mole removal, Hypertrophic scar removal and attenuation as well as skin imperfection correction. The headpiece for this a relatively small.
Vaginal Rejuvenation option.
Laser vaginal rejuvenation is a common application in aesthetics. This device has two sub-functions:
External Vaginal Rejuvenation, where the device is used in the same fractionated way as we have seen in fractional skin rejuvenation but in the outer vaginal area.
Internal vaginal rejuvenation where the LAser is distributed in 360 circles in the internal wall of the female vagina.
Envisaged Manufacturing methods
The entire manufacturing is going to be subcontracted. The reason for subcontracting manufacturing is the high cost of writing the software and making the hardware. There are already several OEM manufacturers who make the necessary control PCB and have the software and sell them to assemblers.
We intend to use this modality of assembly subcontracted to a third party of our choice. The cost of designing brand new PCBs and software for these units are prohibitive ranging in the region of
- Fractional head.
- CO2 laser pen for skin imperfections removal and moles removal. removal
- Accessories for Vaginal Rejuvenation.
- Activation Pedal
- Device classification.
- This is because the device is intended to emit energy into the body.
- Design Solution to comply with applicable directives and standards.
- Evidence of compliance with the standards and directives.
- Design risk assessment.
- Specification of materials and circuit diagram for components subassemblies and the complete product including packaging where appropriate.
- The specifications of the checks, tests, and trials that are intended to be carried out as part of the routine production.
- The performances and compatibilities intended by the manufacturer.
- Labeling, including any instructions for use.
- Identification of ‘shelf-life’ reflected by any ‘use by’ date, or other ‘lifetime’ of the device(s).
- Results of Bench Testing.
Co2 lasers have been used for several years in the field of skin rejuvenation, benign skin lesion removal and vaginal rejuvenation. We have made this device in order to provide a great deal of value within the marketplace. Up until now these types of Devices were very expensive.
This is due to the complexity of these devices. Today standardisation of designs and the wide availability of the components make these devices more accessible in the marketplace.
The intensity of the treatment in the fractionated the laser is proportional to the power of each individual spot,
the duration of the spots and the distance between the spots. The intensity of the skin resurfacing treatment is not only due to the power setting of the device per se.
Documentation and reporting of Design Changes
In the operation of the device, the user has to start using the device at the lowest power level possible for each application first. Then though experience the
Author Andreas Russo