What is a multi-unit freehold block?
A multi-unit freehold block (MUFB) is a single freehold property that is typically divided into individual flats with no individual leases. It can also apply to situations such as a row of terraced houses under the same title.
Multi unit freehold blocks (MUFBs) can be an excellent investment opportunity because they provide additional security.
Multi unit freehold blocks (MUFBs) can be a very good investment opportunity because they provide extra security by reducing your exposure to rental voids and typically provide a higher yield when compared to a single residency buy to let property.
An MUFB, as opposed to a house of multiple occupation (HMO), will have self-contained units with their own kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Here are some MUFB facts:
1: A single freehold property divided into individual units with no individual leases, or a row of terraced houses under one title.
2: It could be a house conversion or a purpose-built apartment building.
3: Every unit is entirely self-contained.
Benefits of a MUFB Mortgage
Obtaining a multi unit let mortgage can be difficult due to the fact that it is a relatively specialised area of the buy to let sector; however, it is definitely possible for the majority of people. It’s simply knowing where to look for a multi-unit buy-to-let mortgage, which is sometimes referred to as a multi-unit buy-to-let mortgage. It can also be beneficial to understand some of the fundamentals.
- Usually available up to a maximum of 75% of the property value or purchase price however, on occasion lending up to 80% may be possible
- Usually also available to first time landlords (FTLs) but typically not first time buyers (FTBs)
- Restrictions typically apply to the number of units in each freehold property however it may be possible to find finance on unlimited numbers
- Loans available for ownership through limited companies or as individuals
- Interest only or capital and interest repayment methods available
- Interest cover ratio (ICR) typically based on overall rentable value
How do I Apply for A Multi Unit Freehold Mortgage?
If you are interested in how a multi-unit freehold property could be an option for you, please contact us today and one of our advisers who are experienced in this sector will guide you through your options.
A Multi-Unit Freehold Block (MUFB) is one freehold property that is typically split into individual flats with no individual leases. Contact The Areton Ltd Mortage for more information 7830885825