CONTENTS OF THE MANUAL
HIFU machine instruction
An overview of machine
How HIFU works
What is SMAS layer
Principle of machine
Operation of HIFU machine
Process of Taken Out the Cartridges
On-screen Functions of HIFU
Guidelines of HIFU Treatment on Face & Neck
Guidelines of HIFU Body Treatment
Cautions During HIFU Treatment
Notes for use and maintenance
HIFU Machine Instruction
Overview of HIFU Machine
HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) is an advanced cosmetic technology which can significantly tighten and lift several areas of the face, reduce the signs of aging and improve the tone of the skin in a single session, with potentially long-lasting effects. There is no incisions or major injuries to the surface of the skin.
How HIFU works?
HIFU is a non-invasive procedure that uses focused ultrasound energy. It targets deep dermis and SMAS; generates thermal coagulative zones in the targeted tissues without damaging epidermis and subcutaneous tissues. This focused energy causes a contraction of SMAS layer, as well as a denaturation and remodeling of the targeted collagen fibers resulting in NEOCOLLAGENESIS, which then produces significant skin tightening and lifting tissues.
What is SMAS layer?
There are mainly three layers of our skin.
- The epidermis is the outermost layer of skin:
- The dermis, beneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
- The deeper subcutaneous layer is made of fat and connective tissue.
The SMAS-layer (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic Layer) is located directly below the Subcutaneous Fat layer (Shown in the picture) of the skin. It consists of Collagen Fibers. The SMAS layer protects us from aging and sagging skin. When the level of SMAS weakens, human skin becomes saggy and looks elderly.
Principles of HIFU Machine
- The HIFU device penetrates focused ultrasonic energy into exact depth of skin.
- The epidermal surface remains unaffected as long as the energy delivered is not excessive for the given focal depth.
- Compared to other skin rejuvenation devices and technologies, HIFU produces good aesthetic outcomes while limiting unwanted side effects.
- HIFU is absolutely non-invasive treatment.
- HIFU is equipped with three different cartridges. These allow to have precise focusing and reduce damage of surrounding tissues, and also can reduce the consumable costs due to long lifespan of the cartridges.
- Parameters saved in the memory setting allow easy and fast treatment. It is also possible to change the values in detail upon the user’s decision. Energy setting and spacing are easy to adjust and treatment time is fast.
- It provides graphic user interface that maximizes the convenience for practitioners. Also, there is a foot switch which allows to reduce the practitioner’s tiredness.
- More reasonable consumables cost of appliances allows to have relatively low treatment cost and so it also allows to offer retouch comfortably if there’s dissatisfaction.
Operation voltage: 110V-240V
Working frequency: 4MHz
HIFU machine size：440mm*300mm*380mm
Fuse：6A net weight:15kgs
[table id=1 /]
Operation of HIFU Machine
Process Of Taken Out The Cartridge
Image 1: The button of the cartridge is at 180°; rotate clockwise to 90°.
Aluminium 2D HIFU Machine
On-screen Functions of HIFU
Selection of standby and control lever
When machine will start normally, the standby screen will look like the picture (Picture 2: Normal starting of HIFU machine). The treatment head will be selected based on type of problems of the skin.
Press START; the machine will start and look like the picture (Picture 1: Starting Interface). The dotted line indicates that the machine is starting and loading pressure.
On the interface, there are two modes—MODE PROFESSIONAL & TO GUIDE THE. They are similar.
1. WIDTH indicates the width of the energy area (Picture 3). The parameter of width starts from 0mm which means single line and the highest parameter of width is 10mm. The number of lines depends on the level of pitch. Pitch indicates the distance between lines. With increasing and decreasing the parameter of pitch, the number of lines will be decreased and increased respectively. At lowest level of pitch, the number of lines will be 11.
2. LENGTH indicates the length of energy area (Picture 3). The highest parameter of the length is 25mm.
3. CLEARANCE indicates the distance between points. The highest clearance is 5.0mm. The suggested level of clearance is 1.8-2.0mm.
4. PITCH indicates the distance between lines. The highest parameter of pitch is 5.0mm. The suggested level of pitch is 1.8-2.0mm (4-6 lines).
5. POWER indicates the intensity of energy. The points will become red; it means that the energy is being delivered (Picture 3) and also with increasing the power level, the size of the points will become larger. It is suggested to start the treatment at lower power setting and gradually increase according to customer’s acceptance.
6. PATIENT TOTAL displays total number of shot which has been delivered with particular cartridge.
7. M1, M2, M3, M4 and M5 are used to save data for future reference.
8. Both of the buttons on display in green means that the machine is connected properly.
9. DEPTH OF CARTRIDGE: There are eight types of cartridges and among them, 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm are used for face and neck.
- 4.5mm used on neck and lower face.
- 3mm used on neck, lower and upper face.
- 1.5mm Used in thin, sagging skins (neck, upper and lower face)
Guidelines for HIFU Treatment on Face & Neck
The Aesthetic practitioner should use all three cartridges; 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm for treating face and neck and the treatment should be started using the deepest depth of cartridge, 4.5 mm, followed by 3.0 mm and finally by 1.5 mm to ensure High Intensity Ultrasound Energy is being delivered to all three depths of the skin. But in any case, it has to be in mind that each cartridge can only be used in certain areas of the face and neck, while others should be avoided. Once the cartridge is inserted into the handle, the screen will display the areas of the face where the treatment is permissible using respective cartridge.
The areas at the greatest risk for injury are throat and Marginal Mandibular Nerve, where the course of the nerve becomes relatively superficial. Therefore, it has to be treated with particular care. The prohibited areas are indicated in picture (Picture 4).
HIFU Body Treatment
For treating body, the depth of cartridges are 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 13mm and 16mm. Interface for treating body is selected upon clinical experiences.
Selection of cartridges
The depth of cartridges are selected upon clinical experiences. Practitioners can adjust different parameters according to patient’s acceptances.
|1. Cartridge 6.0mm||For back: 0.8J, accessory breast 0.6J, stomach：1.0 J|
|2. Cartridge 8.0mm||For belly 1.0J, thigh：1.0J|
|3. Cartridge 10.0mm||For back 0.8J , thigh：1.0J, stomach：1.2J|
|4. Cartridge 13.0mm||For stomach 1.0J, thigh：1.0J;|
|5. Cartridge 16.0mm||For stomach .8J, thigh：1.0J;|
Cautions During HIFU Treatment
- Place treating head against skin and Keep it flatten during operation.
- Clean the applying area and dry up the face before starting treatment.
- Attach exact treating head before starting treatment, and start the treatment at lower power setting and gradually increase according to customer’s acceptance.
- Emphasize treatment on the problem areas.
Notes for Using and Maintenance
- Use the plug with ground pins and make sure that the socket has been connected properly.
- Please use the accessories provided or suggested by Areton Ltd. for ensuring better result of the treatment and longevity of the machine.
- Do not place the machine in humid areas or close to water sources and in the area that exposed to sunlight.
- Cartridges and handle need to keep clean and dry. Clean the cartridges using non-corrosive solvents; alcohol is useful for this purpose.
- The cartridges are packaged in an anti-static package. In order to avoid breaking or damaging the cartridges, please keep the cartridges into packages for next use after wiping all other accessories using alcohol.
- Poor Contact with the skin through the ultrasound conductive gel can cause the cartridges to deteriorate prematurely.
- Switch off and unplug the the machine after its use.
The few absolute contraindications include —
- Active infection or open skin at the treatment site,
- Cystic acne, and
Relative contraindications include medical conditions and medications that alter or impair wound healing. Such as —
- Heart disease,
Another relative contraindication to HIFU treatment is the patient with unrealistic expectations of treatment.
When the cartridge is not placed perpendicular to the face, the device could automatically power off; in this case restart the unit and place the cartridge perpendicular to the skin of the patient you are treating.