Overview of the Machine
The multiline HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) device is equipped with cutting edge technology that allows having more accurate sculpting of face and body. The advanced cosmetic technology of the device can significantly tighten and lift several areas of the face, reduce the signs of aging and improve the tone of the skin in a single session, with potentially long-lasting effects. There are no incisions or major injuries to the surface of the skin.
|How HIFU Works?||Read More|
|The Treatment Mechanism||Read More|
|What is the SMAS layer?||Read More|
|Multiline Vs Single line HIFU Device||Read More|
|Features of HIFU Device||Read More|
|Competitive Advantages||Read More|
|Cartridge Information||Read More|
|How to operate Multiline HIFU Device||Read More|
|Pre-setting of Hifu||Read More|
|Power Adjustment||Read More|
|About Small Options||Read More|
|About Perspex Test||Read More|
|Device tour in Video||Read More|
|Mode: Areton Treatment Guide||Read More|
|Constraints of Multiline HIFU Device||Read More|
|Full treatment video||Read More|
|Some Important notes and Precautions||Read More|
How HIFU Works?
HIFU is a non-invasive procedure that uses focused ultrasound energy. It targets deep dermis and SMAS layer; generates thermal coagulative zones in the targeted tissues without damaging the epidermis and subcutaneous tissues. This focused energy causes a contraction on the SMAS layer, as well as denaturation and remodeling of the targeted collagen fibers resulting in NEOCOLLAGENESIS, which then produces significant skin tightening and lifting tissues.
The Treatment Mechanism
HIFU uses a high level of ultrasonic energy which strongly focuses on a certain area to rapidly coagulate targeted tissues. The use of high intensity focused ultrasound has recently expanded from high-precision surgical procedures to the field of noninvasive cosmetic procedure. HIFU differs from other technologies used for skin rejuvenation. A concave disk within the transducer focuses ultrasound energy with very high intensity at specific locations below the epidermis and can specifically target the dermis or Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System (SMAS) layer, a fibrous network consisting of collagen fibers, elastic fibers, and fat cells that connects the facial muscles with the dermis and is tightened during a facelift. Where applied, the energy at the focal point rapidly rises while tissues above and below the focal zone remain unaffected. Application of HIFU causes collagen fibers to denature and contract and stimulates the production of new collagen that results in skin tightening and rejuvenation.
What is the SMAS layer?
There are mainly three layers of our skin:
- The epidermis is the outermost layer of skin.
- The dermis, underneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
- The deeper subcutaneous layer is made of fat and connective tissue.
The SMAS-layer (Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic Layer) is located directly below the Subcutaneous Fat layer (Shown in the picture) of the skin. It consists of Collagen Fibers. The SMAS layer protects us from aging and sagging skin. When the level of SMAS weakens, human skin becomes saggy and looks elderly.
Multiline Vs Single line HIFU Device
The Latest Areton ltd. Multiline HIFU Device Allows the Aesthetic Practitioner to work more effectively and with greater speed than traditional single line HIFUs. Comparing with single line HIFU devices, multiline HIFU device can deliver 11 lines of energy per shot and thereby it covers relatively a large area with one shot. This new design allows the practitioners to cut on the treatment time dramatically as one shot can deliver several lines. It means that 11 lines per shot will shorten the time of treatment and minimization of time in treatment means minimization of costs. In reference to the business, the HIFU users can produce a considerable saving by minimizing the treatment costs comparing with other clinics where single line devices are used.
The device multiplies its effectiveness with the extensive set of cartridges. The cartridges are capable of controlling the ultrasound emitter with pinpoint accuracy on the area to be treated. In this way, the emission surface is divided into a very high-definition matrix of points; capable of managing the focal points of the ultrasound on a maximum of 11 lines and 26 points per line.
Four standard cartridges will come with multiline HIFU device to have customizable treatment in different zones of face, neck and body.
Features of HIFU Device
- The multiline HIFU can deliver 11 lines of energy per shot.
- The device comes with four different depth of cartridges for precisely acting on different depths of the skin.
- Each cartridge can deliver 10000 shots.
- The device penetrates focused ultrasonic energy into different layers of skin.
- The epidermal surface remains unaffected as long as the energy delivered is not excessive for the given focal depth.
- Compared to other skin rejuvenation devices and technologies, HIFU produces good aesthetic outcomes while limiting unwanted side effects.
- HIFU is absolutely non-invasive treatment.
|Depth of cartridges||3.0mm, 4.5mm, 8.0mm and 13.0mm.|
|Input voltage||110V-130V/60Hz, 220V-240V/50Hz|
How to insert cartridges into handle?
- First select exact depth of cartridge according to the area to be treated.
- Insert the bar through the hole in back of the cartridge.
- The tip of the bar will come out through cartridge; now rotate anti-clockwise and fixed it at 180º angle.
Process of taken out the cartridges
- Rotate the tip (Button) of the bar clockwise and keep it at 90º angle.
- Now pull the cartridge.
How to operate Multiline HIFU Device
Step 1: Mode Selection
- First press power button to switch on the device. Immediately after switching on the device, the screen will display the logo of Areton Ltd.
- Then the Mode Selection screen will be displayed. Here the screen will show two options—Areton Professional and Areton Treatment Guide.
- You can work on either professional mode or guided mode, there are no major differences between these two options.
- In both options, all parameters have to be set in a similar way. All of them indicate the same functions.
Step 2: Mode— Areton Professional
The professional mode with pre-setting parameter and memory function for saving data allows aesthetic practitioners to work more effectively with greater speed than single line HIFU devices. Here, the parameters will be changed based on the treatment area and its requirements. The following picture is given to be familiar with all the parameters on the system interface.
Pre-setting: Length, Width, Clearance, and Pitch
- In Areton professional pre-setting screen, adjust the length according to requirements that range from 5.0mm to the highest, 25.0mm. Length is a vertical distance between one dot to another. The length is regulated by clearance; if the value of clearance is increased, the length between one dot to another will be increased and ultimately the number of dots per line will be reduced. If length is set to 25mm and keep increasing the clearance, the number of dots will be decreasing and at the highest clearance of 10mm, the number of dots in each line will be 6. But total length will be 25mm.
- To cover the whole area of skin, it needs to increase the width. Width is the distance between one line to another which means horizontal distance between one dot to another. The highest parameter of width is 10.0mm and width is regulated by pitch. With increasing and decreasing pitch, the number of lines will be decreasing and increasing respectively. At the highest width and pitch, the number of lines will be 3.
- It is advised to deliver energy as much as possible to per cm² of skin and so it needs to reduce both clearance and pitch with highest length and width. By reducing the clearance, vertically the gap between one dot to another will be reduced; when the gap will be reduced, the system will show maximum dots in full length of a line. Similarly, if the pitch is reduced, a number of horizontal dots will be increased and the number of the horizontal lines will be increased. So, to maximize the effectiveness of treatment to per cm² of skin, it needs to keep the clearance and pitch at low and length and width should be set at high.
The power adjustment and About advanced power setting
Power measures the intensity of energy passes into a different layer of skin. This can be increased from 0.5 joules to 10.0 joules. With delivering energy, the color of dots will keep changing to red which means that the energy is being delivered. When the power level is increased, the size of the dots becomes larger. However, don’t take this power setting as an exact measurement of ultrasonic power. It is just a number; not an exact science. The multiline HIFU software provides an option of increasing and decreasing the baseline power in advanced power setting.
Press the power button on screen for around 3 secs; the advanced power setting screen will be displayed. Here, 8 different depths of cartridges will be shown. But 4 cartridges will come with this device; these are 3.0mm, 4.5mm, 8.0mm, and 13.0mm. Other cartridges can be ordered. The power will be shown at 0% means the power is neutral and 0% is the baseline of power which can be increased up to 50%.
Increasing or decreasing power in the advanced setting will not affect the value of power on the system interface. If the power is fixed at 2.0j on system interface and reduced advanced power by 10%, the power 2.0j will remain the same. If the power is increased by 50% in the advanced setting, the power 2.0j will remain as before. Increasing or decreasing the power in advanced setting actually induce the intensity of power on the system interface. In the picture below, it is more clearly explained about advanced power setting.
More About The Device
About Use Line
Use line basically means about how many lines of the shot will be delivered. It indicates the total number of shots which will be delivered into skin and with delivering each line of shots, the use line will be decreasing concurrently.
About Total Line
Total line expresses the total number of shots; it means that how many lines of shots can be delivered by a particular cartridge which is attached with handle. When a cartridge is attached with handle, the depth of cartridge is shown on display with its lifeline, means total line.
About Patient Total
Patient total means the number of lines that have been delivered. There is a connection between use line and patient total; after each line of shot, the use line is reduced one by one— these numbers are added with patient total. So if you forget how many total lines of shots are supposed to be delivered; in such case the number of total patients is useful.
About Save: M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5
This option is very much helpful, especially in clinical use. It keeps saved the data which was set at last treatment session of a client. The saved data is very useful to continue treatment in the next session from where it was left.
About Perspex Test
The length, width, clearance, pith, and power— these five variables are the main mechanism of Multiline HIFU Device. Setting up more dense of dots, least distance between lines along with the highest length and width will deliver more energy to the skin. The perspex test will show about the effects of using maximum intensity of energy during treatment.
- First, put the cartridge into the handle.
- Set the parameters on screen; set Length 25mm and width 10mm, keep clearance and pitch at lowest value 1.0mm, set power at the maximum value of 4.5j.
- Apply gel on the cartridge.
- Put the perspex on the cartridge and push the start button on the screen.
Now you are going to deliver 11 lines of shots with 26 dots in each line; means the highest energy is being delivered. After delivering 11 lines, the color of dots will be changed to red. It means ultrasonic energy has been delivered.
Explaining the Functions of Areton Multiline HIFU Device
Areton Multiline HIFU Device Tour
Mode: Areton Treatment Guide
- Click on ‘Areton Treatment Guide’ on mode selection display; ‘Area Selection’ screen will be displayed.
- The area selection screen will show different parts of the face and body. Click on the area where treatment will be started.
- after selection of the area, a guided screen will be displayed.
- In this guided mode, the length, width, clearance, pitch, power adjustment, use line, total line, and data saving options exist with similar numerical parameter characteristic as in ‘Areton Professional’.
- All the parameters can be changed according to the treatment area and it’s requirements.
- The advanced power adjustment also follows a similar pattern
- Length indicates the vertical distance between one dot to another. The highest parameter of the length is 25mm.
- Width indicates the distance between one line to another. The parameter of width starts from 0.5mm and the highest parameter of width is 10mm. The number of lines depends on the value of pitch.
- Clearance measures the vertical distance between one dot to another. It regulates length and highest clearance reduces the number of dots in each line. The highest clearance is 5.0mm.
- Pitch indicates the distance between one line to another. The highest parameter of pitch is 5.0mm.
- Power indicates the intensity of energy. If you press the power button no longer than 3 secs, the advanced power setting screen will be displayed. Any changes here will not effect to the value of power on system interface, but the intensity of power will be controlled and induced.
- Use line indicates the total number of shots which will be delivered.
- Total line is the number of total shots that can be delivered by a particular cartridge inserted in the handle. Total line is a lifeline of the cartridge, after inserting the cartridge, the total line shows on the screen
- Patient total displays the total number of shots which has been delivered with a particular cartridge.
- SAVE—M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5 are used to save on-screen setting for future reference.
Areton Multiline HIFU Facial Treatment
Areton Multiline HIFU Facial Treatment
Areton Multiline HIFU Belly and Gluts Treatment
Areton Multiline HIFU Belly and Gluts Treatment
Notes Before Treatment
- Before starting treatment, clean the area which will be treated and dry up the area.
- Make sure that ultrasound gel is applied on the skin; when ultrasonic energy passes through fluid produces best results.
- Attach appropriate cartridge before starting treatment.
- In order to find appropriate power setting for the area that you are treating, you have to start treatment at the lowest power setting and increase the power until customers find it at a comfortable level. When the treatment becomes too painful, it means that you have to reduce the power level.
The overall number of lines are applied to a treatment area depends on the size of the area and chosen protocol. Treatment guidelines including the selection of cartridges and suggested treatment patterns over different areas of the face and body are provided by Areton Ltd.
The most worrisome potential complication is motor nerve palsies. The areas at the greatest risk for injury are the temporal branch of the Trigeminal Nerve and the Marginal Mandibular Nerve, where the depth of the nerve becomes relatively superficial. These effects can be prevented by avoiding treatment directly over the mandible or facial nerves. Because there are no commercially available eye shields known to protect the eye from ultrasound energy, treatment should not be done inside the orbital rim. The thyroid gland should be avoided and the areas can be marked from being inadvertently exposing to ultrasound energy.
Notes for Transportation
Drain all cartridges before embarking on aircraft. It is highly advisable that the fluid inside cartridges are drained before transporting the device by aircraft. Refill the cartridges with distilled water once you have arrived at the destination and intended to use the device again. Failure drainage before embarking can cause breakage of the cartridge due to pressure caused by the altitude of the aircraft. In any case when transporting the cartridge, always place it inside the original shock-absorbing casing provided.
When the cartridge is not placed perpendicular to the face, the device could automatically power off; in this case, restart the unit and place the cartridge perpendicular to the skin of the patient you are treating.
HIFU devices should not be used on—
- The presence of open wounds or lesions,
- Severe cystic acne,
- The presence of active implants (such as pacemakers and defibrillators) or metallic implants in the planned treatment area,
- pregnancy and so on.
Other contraindications may include patient’s minor illnesses or any conditions that may impair wound healing.
Notes for Using and Maintenance
- Use the plug with ground pins and make sure that the socket has been connected properly.
- Please use the accessories provided or suggested by Areton Ltd. for ensuring the better result of the treatment and longevity of the machine.
- Do not place the machine in humid areas or close to water sources and in the area that exposed to sunlight.
- Keep cartridges and handle clean and dry. Clean the cartridges using non-corrosive solvents; alcohol is useful for this purpose.
- The cartridges are delivered in an anti-static package. In order to avoid breaking or damaging the cartridges, please keep the cartridges into packages.
- Switch off and unplug the machine after its use.